Covidien Kendall Skin Barrier Wipes provide an effective barrier between skin and adhesive products AND also helps protect against feces, urine, chemical irritants, and gastrointestinal fluids.
Skin Barrier Wipes are a liquid based, film-forming dressing. When applied to intact skin, the liquid on the wipes, when allowed to dry between repeated applications, forms a protective film that lays atop the skin. It provides a protective layer to help adherence of adhesives and aids or reduces friction during removal of tapes, skin barrier patches and films.
Skin Protective Barrier Wipes can also be used to prepare skin attachment sites for drainage tubes, external catheters, surrounding ostomy sites and adhesive dressings.
INDICATIONS FOR USE:
- Apply as a coating to prepare the skin for adhesives;
- Provides a protective interface that may reduce friction during the removal of tape;
- For skin attachment sites: drainage tubes, external catheters, surrounding ostomy sites and other adhesive dressings;
- For use in sensitive stoma areas as a skin protectant;
- May reduce irritation from contact with body wastes and stoma fluid;
- Forms a protective film on skin which may reduce exposure to urine and feces.
SKIN PROTECTIVE WIPES SHOULD ONLY BE USED ON INTACT SKIN.
PRECAUTIONS: For external use only. Keep out of the reach of children. Avoid contact with eyes. In the case of accidental contact, flush eyes well with water. Do not apply directly to open wounds or in deep puncture wounds. Should redness or other signs of irritation appear, discontinue use.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Helps tape and film adhesion;
- Fast and easy to use, only one coat is required, so less product is used per application;
- Removes easily using skin cleanser or soap and water, so unsanitary residue isn’t left in or around the wound area;
- Applies easily, even on awkward areas such as elbows, knees, and heels;
- Moves naturally with patients’ skin and won’t crack or peel;
- Allows skin to "breathe" so tapes and films adhere better;
- May increase intervals between dressing changes.